Kettlebell training has gained a lot of popularity in the last few years but the problem is that a lot of people take it up without knowing much about it. Yes, kettlebell training can be amazing for your body but it can also cause a lot of problems if you don’t do it right. This is the reason why we would like to share a bit more about the do’s and don’ts of kettlebell training so you can avoid a lot of unpleasant situations.
- Don’t take it to the extreme. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who do this. Unless you plan on taking this sport to the professional level, there is no reason to take the kettlebell training to an extreme.
- Don’t go too light. If you do this, then you will not experience any results from the training, good or bad, so you’ll end up wasting time. While there is no set standard about the right weight for men and women, a great number to follow in order to avoid injuries is anywhere between 4 kg and 12 kg for a woman and anywhere between 12 kg and 20 kg for a man.
- Don’t go too heavy. If you do this, then you need to be aware of the fact that the risk of injury you put yourself to is huge. Learn what your abilities are and stay within their limit.
- Don’t try to exceed your abilities. This would mean both to go heavy and to an extreme at the same time, so the outcome can only be a dangerous one for your overall health. What you can do instead is to get a personal trainer with experience and add weight slowly, bit by bit. This is the only way in which you can try to exceed your abilities in a safe environment.
- Don’t think that kettlebell is just for cardio. A lot of people think this but it is incorrect. Kettlebell is also about strength training and an improved, more powerful respiratory system.
- Use kettlebell training in order to build a stronger backside.
- If you dream about an iron grip, then it is kettlebell training that will prove to be highly efficient.
- If you want to simplify your training life, then you can safely go with kettlebell training.
Now that you know more about the do’s and don’ts of kettlebell training, there is no reason to engage in an activity that can lead to a serious injury or all sorts of health problems. If you plan on taking on kettlebell training at home, please check out an adjustable kettlebell review you can trust and use it in order to make a wise purchase. It is important to use top quality kettlebells for your training routine, so make sure that you do all the extra reading for a wise purchase. There are plenty of good options available on the market; all you have to do is to learn which of these options is best for you and make an investment accordingly.